Conversations With Megan

In the car on the way home from school:

Megan : We learned about occupations at school today.

Me : WOW, Meg thats a big word. Do you know what it means?

Megan: Yes, it means what job you're going to do when you're big.

Me : Very good, Megan and have you decided what you want to be when you're big?

Megan: Yes.

Me: Would you like to tell me?

Megan: Yes, I want to be a fire-fighter and at the end of the month, when I get my money, I'm going to buy a big white bakkie (pick up truck) and a blue four-wheeler.

Me : *Trying not to giggle* Seems you have it all planned out.

Megan : Are you laughing at me mummy?

Me : No! I am just smiling.

Megan : Then I will go on holiday with my four-wheeler on the back of the bakkie.

Me : Are you going to get married when you're big?

Megan : NO!! I am not going to marry anyone!

Me : Why not?

Megan : Boys are naughty and they say ugly words.

Me : *trying hard not to laugh again* Yes, so where are you going to stay when you're big - on your own?

Megan : NO! I'm going to stay with you.


So much for job satisfaction, Megan ...just gimme the salary and the stuff!!!
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive