Don't Walk and Text!

A US woman whose fall into a shopping centre fountain has become a viral video sensation is threatening to sue the mall.

Cathy Cruz Marrero, 49, was texting on her mobile phone when she tumbled head first into a shallow fountain in a Wyomissing, Pennsylvania mall earlier this month.

"I saw the water coming at me, I could see the pennies and nickels at the bottom of the fountain and then I was in it," Marrero told local newspaper the Reading Eagle.

A video of her fall, which was captured on the centre's CCTV cameras, was posted on YouTube and has since attracted more than 1½ million views. Laughter could be heard on the footage while it was being played.   Hell, I'm still fuckin' gigglin'








Marrero, who works at a store in the centre, told US television network ABC's Good Morning America she had initially laughed at her fall but added that no one had taken her feelings into consideration when they posted the video on the internet.

"It shows in the video. Nobody went to my aid. Not one single person ... it could have been anybody's mother. It could have been a senior citizen falling and would they have gotten the same treatment as I did?" she asked.

"I didn't get an apology, what I got was, 'At least nobody knows it was you.' But I knew it was me."

Marrero's lawyer, James Polyak, said they suspected someone in the mall's security office recorded the footage on a mobile phone.

"We intend to hold all responsible parties accountable whether that means requesting or demanding an apology - certainly requesting an explanation for why this happened, how this happened," he said.

Marrero, who has convictions for theft from the 1990s, is currently free on $US7500 ($7600) bail for theft by deception and receiving stolen property charges from 2009, the Eagle reported.

She is due back in court in April and could face six months of house arrest and be forced to wear an electronic tag.

Marrero admitted to Good Morning America's host George Stephanopoulos that she did learn a lesson from her fall.

"Do not text and walk," she said.

I bet she was Sexting, the little Slut!
more

Popular Posts

Blog Archive